Re: zfs howto

Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

[snip]

>> I am not sure of the complete context of the statement, but I do this
>> all of the time with normal NetBSD NFS against a ZFS fileset.
>>
>> build% cat /etc/exports
>> /usr/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4 -alldirs -maproot=root anotherbuild.system.eldar.org
>>
>> build% zfs list /usr/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4
>> NAME                               USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
>> tank/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4   414M   250G   414M  /usr/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4
>>

>> These are DOMUs running NetBSD 9.0_STABLE from around September.  I have
>> not tried this with -current, but there are no crashes for me with 9.x.

[snip]

> I got it ---
>
> With the following entry in -etc-exports:
>
>      /tank/t1 -maproot=0:10 -network 192.168.0/24
>
> the NFS server crashes when /tank/t1 is zfs system.
>
> With the following one:
>
>      /tank/t1 -maproot=root -network 192.168.0/24
>
> it works fine.
>
> Mind you, '-maproot=0:10' is the first example from 'man exports' ...

Glad to see that it isn't totally broken.  I am by no means an expert in
the ZFS code, and I am not in a position to take a lot of time looking
at it right now, but if the trace back in the PR is correct, it makes it
almost totally though the mkdir call and crashes in the log create step
after the directory node is created.  I am trying not to speculate too
much here, but the code may fail to handle the group in the exports
line.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org