Re: zfs howto

Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

[snip]

>>   If I want to export a zfs filesystem over NFS, what specifically do I
>>   need to do.
>>
>>   Does the crash bug referenced in the NFS section still exist in
>>   current current?  (It's still open)
>>   http://gnats.netbsd.org/55042
>
> Yes, it still crashes, just checked creating a directory from a Linux
> NFS client. I'll check if I got a dump in a moment ( I was rather
> optimistic - testing this whilst doing pkg_rolling-replace... no
> biggie, I'll restart it after the reboot...).
>
> Chavdar

[snip]

I am not sure of the complete context of the statement, but I do this
all of the time with normal NetBSD NFS against a ZFS fileset.

build% cat /etc/exports
/usr/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4 -alldirs -maproot=root anotherbuild.system.eldar.org

build% zfs list /usr/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4
NAME                               USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
tank/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4   414M   250G   414M  /usr/installed_src/PKGSRC_2018Q4

These are DOMUs running NetBSD 9.0_STABLE from around September.  I have
not tried this with -current, but there are no crashes for me with 9.x.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org