Re: Best practice for setting up disks for ZFS on NetBSD

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 00:30:17 +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> - Wedges, setup as a single large gpt partition of type zfs (eg /dev/dk7)
> - Entire disk (eg: /dev/wd0 or /dev/sd4)

"Traditional" (solarish) zfs lore recommends giving zfs the entire
disk, unpartitioned, since it can make more efficient use of it then.
Zfs will generally be able to re-assemble a volume after renumbering
components - I have seen it do that on OmniOS after swapping an Areca
RAID controller in JBOD mode out for a plain SAS controller.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>