Re: System crash

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 18:53, Robert Nestor <rnestor%mac.com@localhost> wrote:

> Phew!  At least there’s one other configuration seeing the same crash.
>
> The Synology documentation is pretty confusing and to get things working I played around with a lot of settings.  Basically since it’s only used for local access I’ve opened up the privileges for access to everything and everyone, so whatever the problem is it shouldn’t be one concerning privileges on the NAS. But to get it working from NetBSD I did have to use in my /etc/fstab:
>         ds218:/volume1/home /homes nfs rw,-w=1024,-r=1024,tcp

I just opened the access from my local network and mounted it with no
additional parameters

# mount -t nfs syno:/volume1/sytest /mnt/sytest

I also tried

# vnconfig -c vnd0 /mnt/sytest/NetBSD....iso
# mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd0d /mnt/cdrom

which works fine; dkctl also does not trigger any panic, only gpt.

--
----