Re: Request for a quick fix in man page gpt(8) (fbsd-zfs --> zfs)

Am 27.07.2020 um 23:10 schrieb Thomas Klausner:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:47:30PM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:
recently the identifier of the ZFS partition type has been renamed in gpt.
It used to be called "fbsd-zfs". Now it is only "zfs" which I very much
welcome as a NetBSD user. Can someone please adjust the man page?

Christos just fixed it :)
  Thomas

Thanks :-)

On this occasion I would like to ask a general question about ZFS man pages.

I am aware that the ZFS code was largely imported from FreeBSD. Hence the man pages. In zfs(8), for example, reference is made to jails, which most likely will not be implemented in NetBSD.

Is it realistic to remove these passages from the man page and at the same time to disconnect the corresponding parameters of the "zfs" command? Or would that make a later merge of newer ZFS code very difficult?

Of course this is not a top priority and for sure other things are more important. However, in my eyes, on the way to stabilization it would help to provide a more integrated, native user experience.

Kind regards
Matthias