Re: recent changes to pthread_fork.c:fork() cause static linking to fail if the app provides its own malloc()

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 15:40, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:

> In article <7171.1594774550%splode.eterna.com.au@localhost>,
> matthew green  <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> >Martin Husemann writes:
> >>
> >> Why is that?
> >>
> >> We have e.g. shells/standalone-tcsh that does it. Is it broken now?
> >
> >it was, yes.  i worked around it a few days ago.
>
> I fixed it by adding the 3 functions to tc.alloc.c both in pkgsrc and
> upstream.

Would it be reasonable to have a tiny -lmallocstubs that contains the
functions needed to stub out malloc to work with static linking? So
third party apps do not need to play "guess the stubs" across
different NetBSD versions...

David