Re: RPI3 serlial clock confusion?

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 08:53:59AM -0700, Michael Cheponis wrote:
> It must be the dtb files.
>
> Yes, the console is perfect with 9.99.69 with (ahem)  .17 good dtb files
> ... ;-)
>
> Thing is, if this is true - how does it work?  And, has this
> discussion about cpu speed coupled with UART speed been incorrect?

See

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/uart.md

for a Raspbian-centric documentation.

In opposite to that description we use the mini UART as console
with the RPI3. See:

sys/external/gpl2/dts/dist/arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dts

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost