Re: atexit(), dlclose() and more atexit()

    Date:        Sun, 5 Jul 2020 23:11:44 +0200
    From:        Kamil Rytarowski <kamil%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | This is extended to the behavior of "at dlclose() or a normal program
  | termination".

Extended by whom or what?   What I quoted was from a draft if POSIX issue 8
which is forthcoming (probably sometime next year).   There is no change
like the one you postulate.

  | atexit() is a direct subset of __cxa_atexit() and they are asked to
  | share the same internal implementation.

That's fine.   What __cta_atexit() does, and how it does it, is its
own business - but what atexit does is specified, and users are entitled
to reply upon it working the way the standard says it works.

That some implementations (apparently) don't just means that somewhere,
someone was lazy, and didn't do what the inventors of __cta_atexit() did,
and define a new function to implement new functionality.

Copying that would be a huge disservice to everyone.

kre