Re: NetBSD-7.0 boots OK and NetBSD-8.0 hangs/crashes during boot on a MacBook7,1

Martin Husemann wrote:
> USB keyboards as console in ddb worked fine last I tested.

That has not been my experience.  For example,

  PR 52569 Entering ddb using USB keyboard panics with "locking against myself"
  PR 54599 Can't enter ddb using USB keyboard because console

> Running the usb host in polled mode however is quite a bit simpler than
> doing the device part (where you have to obey timings from the host).

Why would acting as a device be needed?
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost