Re: Automated report: NetBSD-current/i386 build failure

Simon J. Gerraty <sjg%juniper.net@localhost> wrote:
> > It would be helpful for both human and robotic users if error messages
> > consistently included the word "error", or if there was some other easy
> > way of identifying them in the build log.
>
> The regex 'make.*stopped' is the best clue to look for since it will
> always be present.

BTW if this behavior change is a problem for your automation, you can
disable it by setting .MAKE.DIE_QUIETLY=no

But adapting, would allow you to afford to spew a lot of info on failure,
(we output about 100 lines of info), which gets a bit unwieldy if 8-30
make instances are going to report failure in that way.

eg for our freebsd builds:

mk -V MAKE_PRINT_VAR_ON_ERROR
.ERROR_TARGET  .ERROR_META_FILE  .MAKE.LEVEL  MAKEFILE  .MAKE.MODE
_ERROR_CMD  .CURDIR  .MAKE  .OBJDIR  .TARGETS  DESTDIR  LD_LIBRARY_PATH
MACHINE  MACHINE_ARCH  MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX  MAKESYSPATH  MAKE_VERSION  PATH
SRCTOP  OBJTOP .MAKE.MAKEFILES

and for junos (which sets .CURDIR to a relative path and builds for many
different operating systems):

mk -V MAKE_PRINT_VAR_ON_ERROR
HOSTNAME SB_LOCATION _CURDIR .CURDIR  _OBJTOP OBJTOP _OBJDIR .OBJDIR
.MAKE MAKE_VERSION  CVS_RELEASE_TAG LD_LIBRARY_PATH  MACHINE_ARCH
MACHINE TARGET_OS HOST_OBJTOP _OBJROOT  .TARGETS   .ERROR_TARGET
.ERROR_META_FILE .MAKE.LEVEL MAKEFILE  .MAKE.MODE
.MAKE.MAKEFILES