Re: NetBSD 9 on ThinkPad X220

On 27/05/2020 17:24, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 07:38:31AM +0000, nia wrote:
Yeah, we really shouldn't be using xf86-video-intel.
It's been deprecated in favour of the modesetting driver for years.

The modesetting(4) driver indeed works fine. Maybe there could be a note
for newcomers and re-comers in x11/xf86-video-intel that this driver has
been deprecated.

Does the modesetting driver support GL? If it does why is the intel driver the default driver used by X with no configuration on intel hardware. If modesetting is its replacement shouldn't that be used automatically in preference to the intel driver.

As a user I shouldn't have to manually configure to get the non-deprecated driver.
Mike