Re: qemu emulated machine crashes due to disk timeouts

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 08:26:48PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 03:32:51PM +0200, Jaromír Dole?ek wrote:
> > [...]
> > Seriously though I think that it wouldn't hurt to just bump ATA_DELAY
> > to 30 seconds by default.
>
> I don't remember if it's used only for I/O or also for probe.
> If the later, it could take 3x more time to boot ...

In the drivers I've looked at, probe specifies it's own timeout.
Likewise for other "internal" operations (I even see trim in there).
The previous patch makes an effort for the configured sysctl timeout
to only be used for read/write ops.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds