Re: qemu emulated machine crashes due to disk timeouts

On 14/05/2020 14:19, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

QEMU emulation isn't a niche setup, we should aim to have it work out of
the box without adjusting sysctls, IMO.

I'd agree with that. Perhaps the real question to ask here is why is a QEMU ATA operation taking 30 seconds to complete in the first place? I know the ATA interface isn't that virtualisation friendly but an IO delay that long seems insane and points to either a QEMU issue or something the NetBSD kernel is doing to confuse the QEMU ATA emulation.

Mike