Re: dhcpcd hiccups in -current

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020, Martin Husemann wrote:

> How did you update?
>
> postinstall(8) does no automatic updates for uid/gid, but prompts you to
> manually do it.

  $ sudo etcupdate -alv -s etc.tgz -s xetc.tgz

When shown the differences between "/etc/master.passwd" and the copy in
the temproot, I merged them, keeping my additions/changes and adding
"_dhcpcd".  Likewise with "/etc/group".

Usually, "/etc/passwd", et al are regenerated after a change to
"master.passwd", but this time it appears not to have happened.

The 'postinstall ... fix dhcpcd ...' that immediately followed migrated
things to the chrootdir, but reported there was no such user _dhcpcd.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD