Re: Issue 8 POSIX changes coming

    Date:        Mon, 23 Mar 2020 19:16:36 +0100
    From:        Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>

  | We have _l versions of every function that depends on the (global)
  | locale.

That's good to know - I don't often venture near the libc internals.
It is even better to actually have.

  | It's a lot of busy work to add them to the various man pages...

Understood - but not really just "busy work" - without the doc,
most users wouldn't even think to look for them (or at least, I
didn't...) and the work required for everyone to discover the
correct arg sequence (especially for the multi-suffix functions)
by hunting down the protypes will soon outweigh the one time
effort to add things in the manuals.

Over time, we should look to adding all of them, which I will start
by adding strerror_l and strerror_lr to strerror(3) (and then perhaps
the strftime _l functions as well).

kre