Re: Display glitches with radeon display

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 05:56:05PM +0100, Lars Reichardt wrote:
> On 19.02.2020 16:51, Robert Swindells wrote:
> > Is anyone else seeing black boxes and distorted bitmap text when using
> > an older radeon display in -current.
> >
> > I last updated this machine in early Jan and everything was fine then.
>
> Yes, I've seen some glitches if a lot of redrawing is happening that's with
> an Radeon R5 230.
>
> The default acceleration method recently has changed from exa to glamor for
> this card as the radeonsi driver is now enabled as of 31st January.
>
> Setting AccelMethod to exa restores the old behavior.
>
> I'll recheck if time allows with a newer card (R7 240) which requires glamor
> as acceleration method.

Thanks, that was it! Switching back to exa makes mpv VO [gpu] work
again for me.

With glamor, I see nothing (black screen) when switching to the mpv
window.

I used:
# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Radeon"
        Driver "radeon"
#       Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"