Current-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Converting termcap entries to terminfo entries

	hello Roy.  I must have been tired when I looked at the problem before
writing my message.  Brad suggested I look at the captoinfo program in the
ncurses package again to make sure it actually produced binary output
instead of terminfo source.  In the ncurses package I'm using, from 2016,
captoinfo is a symlink to tic, which may have been part of the issue.  In
any case, I found some formatting issues with my original termcap file that
captoinfo didn't like, and when I fixed them, it produced a file suitable
for your version of tic.  So, vi and other screen using programs are now
working with the window(1) program again.  Thank you to you and Brad for
writing back with such helpful messages.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index