Re: firefox dumping core after NetBSD upgrade

maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:49:58AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>> maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
>> >
>> >Firefox works great. The discussion here isn't about firefox being
>> >broken on netbsd, it's being broken across an update. That usually
>> >happens due to some kind of binary incompatibility being introduced.
>>
>> I'm not sure this is down to a binary incompatibility.
>>
>> I started seeing the same thing recently too even when Firefox and all
>> its dependencies have been rebuilt from source.
>>
>> Google Maps triggers it for me.
>
>You've also stated that glxgears crashes, so it might be the same
>problem.  Are you building netbsd in a special way?

I only get crashes from glxgears on aarch64, it works fine on the
amd64 desktop machine that I'm running Firefox on.

From the stack trace that Paul Goyette provided it looks to me like
a Firefox bug is triggering one in Mesa.

The crash is within _mesa_error() but this is called because of an
assertion near the start of _mesa_GetString().

_mesa_GetString( GLenum name )
{
   GET_CURRENT_CONTEXT(ctx);
   static const char *vendor = "Brian Paul";
   static const char *renderer = "Mesa";

   if (!ctx)
      return NULL;

   ASSERT_OUTSIDE_BEGIN_END_WITH_RETVAL(ctx, NULL);