Re: aarch64 rust install failure

Ron Georgia <netverbs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>I have a Pinebook 1080P. I tried to build firefox on it and after three
>days of building I got the error listed below. I tried to install rustup
>but got an error; no evbarm. I added evbarm to the rust-init.sh switch
>statement. Another error I keep running into is libstdc++.so.8 not
>found.

This isn't really a problem with -current, rust bugs should go to
pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost or raise a PR. You will probably get a better
response to ARM questions on port-arm too.

Someone needs to rebuild the bootstrap rust on a newer system to get
rid of the libstdc++ error. You shouldn't need to run rust-init.sh.

If you want a browser then firefox52 is easier to build on aarch64 as it
doesn't use rust. You will also want LIBRSVG_TYPE=c in /etc/mk.conf if
you go this route.