Re: 8.1; sbin/postinstall 'fix' removes libc.so.12

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 09:16:31PM +1000, Van L wrote:
>> What happens is libc.so is lost and once I
>> reboot it it is busted.
>>
>> [snip...]
>
> that's strange, I updated 2 machines yesterday and didn't have this issue.
> But I'm running only postinstall, not etcupdate

The latest new minor is libc.so.12.212 on my 1
machine.  I treat it like a yoyo to get familiar
with NB8.  The guide available for tracking
current is

  https://www.netbsd.org/docs/current/index.html

>> obsolete fix:
>>         Removed obsolete file /lib/libc.so.12.207
>
> Maybe you're using a etc set from HEAD ?
> Or maybe you have a /lib/libc.so.12.xxx with xxx > 207 installed ?

What I do is track src and pkgsrc.  Sometimes I
build, install them.  When the machine fails to
proceed I re-install the sets from the USB-key
that explains why the filesystem is a mess.  When
I lost libc.so during nb8.1-rc the USB-key sets
were nb8.0's.

The worry is the filesystem is subtlely corrupted having
lost the libc.so and having no option to cleanly
reboot

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835