Re: intelfb0 at i915drmkms0

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:19:41 +0800, Travis Paul <Tr%visPaul.me@localhost> wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing artifacts when using X in base, with i915 Intel
> graphics? [1][2][3]

Yes, a number of people have (myself included).  See the threads
starting here:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2019/04/10/msg035540.html

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2019/04/11/msg035555.html

The second of these includes possible workarounds.

On my machines with i82G41 and i82Q45 devices w/video, the only thing
that works is to use the "modesetting" driver for Xorg.  On my machines
with i82915 (drmkms) and i82810e (no drm at all) devices, no workarounds
are needed.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD