Re: Java & NetBSD (JNA or Linux emulation)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 04:27, Kimihiro Nonaka <nonakap%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 11:34 AM David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > The two obvious options would be to build the native libraries for NetBSD (which in turn needs JNA) or to run under the oracle-8 JDK using Linux emulation.
>
> I created JNA pkgsrc because I needed it for OpenGrok 1.2.x. I use it
> on NetBSD-8/amd64.
> https://gist.github.com/nonakap/e2b5f0d0d5a2807ee6e82b4ae881b293

Thats wonderful! I'm definitely going to have a play with that :) -
any chance it could be added to pkgsrc?

I found it just needed a "GITHUB_PROJECT=jna" to get it to build for me

As an aside for a first test I tried using it with IntelliJ IDEA - to
get that to work I needed to adjust build.xml to set the jnidispatch
library release version to match the JNA library (5.2.0 rather than
6.0.0), then just add it to a jar as
com/sun/jna/netbsd-x86-64/libjnidispatch.so.

Thanks again!

David