Built-in vs. Modular Xorg under -current

Hi,

On the same hardware (HP Envy 17, Intel 530 + NVidia 950m) I have two
different installations, one using built-in Xorg, the other - Modular.
The rest of the system is identical - kernel and userland - from a
couple of days ago. The modular Xorg packages were built by a separate
-current system, using -current pkgsrc tree and installed with pkgin.

X works generally OK on both (the nouveau module is unloaded, the
Intel one is used). The main difference is that with Modular I get 3D
hardware accelleration, whereas with the built-in one it is only
software. The AIGLX extension gets initialized correctly for modular,
but for the built-in I get:

[  2205.517] (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed
[  2205.720] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[  2205.720] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0

whereas for the Modular one I get:
[  4266.585] (II) Initializing extension GLX
[  4266.688] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized i965
[  4266.688] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0

There are some additional module differences between the two, but the
main versions are exactly the same.

I can switch my main system to use Modular, but will take me some time
and so far I have generally prefered to stay with the built-in.

Is there anything I might be missing or our built-in Xorg is lacking
for this hardware?

In case one is interested in the Xorg log files and the generated by
'Xorg -configure' files, they are available at
http://ci4ic4.tx0.org/XbltnXmod.tar.bz2 .

Chavdar

--
----