Re: xdm receives no input

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 08:10:23AM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> Patrick Welche writes:
> > Had a go with the shiny new X (thanks!) on the sandy bridge laptop
> > which no longer likes SNA but works with UX, and xdm seems to sit
> > at the prompt waiting for something:

> is it a black input bar that doesn't appear to do anything?
> (it probably does work -- did you try typing blind?)

If you mean a text cursor input type thing inside the Login: text
field, yes? Blind typing doesn't do anything...

> the fix is to update /usr/X11/xdm/Xresources file -- it has
> new required entries.  i'm going to work on making this less
> awful when it isn't updated, but i've been busy working on
> the Mesa18 update :-)

I stared at /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources, and
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xdm/blob/master/config/Xresources.in
and didn't spot additional fields (just our fonts are smaller and we
fiddle with the NetBSD logo) - what should I be looking out for?

Cheers,

Patrick