Re: current fails to boot on VirtualBox

Same here. Fails to boot on both my workstation and laptop, fell back to 8.99.33

On 2/16/19, 3:15 PM, "Arto Huusko" <current-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost on behalf of armihu%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

    Hello,

    it seems latest -current amd64 kernel no longer boots on VirtualBox.

    Booting GENERIC from
    http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201902161050Z/amd64/binary/kernel/

    stops after detecting CPUs and acpiacad0. After CPU detection there is
    ERROR: 3591 cycle TSC drift observed.

    CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 1500X.

    I can break into ddb, bt command on all CPUs shows they are in idle_loop.
    It makes no difference if I configure only one CPU for VirtualBox.

    bt for cpu 0:
    ddb backtrace
    --- interrupt
    x86_stihlt
    acpicpu_cstate_idle_enter
    acpicpu_cstate_idle
    idle_loop

    bt for cpu1:
    x86_stihlt
    acpicpu_cstate_idle_enter
    acpicpu_cstate_idle
    cpu_hatch
    md_root_setconf

    Booting with -2 switch (no ACPI) gets a bit further, but then has other problems
    detecting devices.

    However a few days old GENERIC from
    http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201902131540Z/amd64/binary/kernel/

    does boot successfully. (But vioif is broken again, ifconfig just hangs)

    A lot older kernel (8.99.18, I don't have the exact date) works without
    problems.

    Arto