Re: Rust, pkgsrc

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 07:50:18PM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> The last version I managed to build on one of my NetBSD/macppc
> 8.0 machines (a single-core 1.5GHz G4 Mac Mini, 1GB memory) was
> 1.29.2, the build took nearly 29 hours wallclock time.  This one
> doesn't have a tmpfs, and has a single file system with ~40G
> free, so it also didn't run into any barriers on the /tmp front
> either.

I recently did build (thanks to Havard's bootstrap kit) a native
version of 1.30 on sparc64 on a 8GB RAM dual 1.5GHz machine, everything
on SSD plus /tmp on tmpfs. I did not do proper timing, but it finished
over night (started early when I left the office and probably only
because I came in late the next day).

Martin