Re: module(7) vs KERN_AS (Re: HEADS-UP: Recent atari install floppy overflow)

I found that we already have a similar code in
sys/compat/common/Makefile.inc:

https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/compat/common/Makefile.inc#17

    17
    18  # Default values:
    19  COMPATDST?=             ${.OBJDIR}/lib/compat
    20  .if !empty(OPT_MODULAR)
    21  COMPAT_AS?=             library
    22  .else
    23  COMPAT_AS?=             obj