Re: Travel router part 2

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 03:03:37PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>> If you are useing pppoe(4) to connect to the ISP then you may want to
>> set the MTU of the ethernet device to 1508 so that you get an MTU of
>> 1500 on the pppoe tunnel.
>
>This depends on the ISP to also support that option. Many (i.e. Deutsche
>Telekom) simply don't :(

Sure, but he will never find out whether it does support it if he is
using re0.

When I added support for RFC 4638 there wasn't any way to test what
would happen if you asked for a larger MTU but didn't get it.

Is there a need for some debug messages from pppoe(4) based on using
it to connect to Deutsche Telekom ?