Re: Travel router part 2A - NAT

D'Arcy Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>On 2018-09-02 09:34 AM, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
>> Some of you may remember that I was trying to set up a NetBSD machine to
>> do all of my routing in my trailer while we travel.  I hit a snag when
>
>So, basic on my new setup is mostly working but I can't seem to get NAT
>working at all.  I am trying to use NPF which I am not too familiar with
>but the docs seem pretty clear.  Here is my npf.conf.  Can some NPF
>experts check this out please.  Ta.

Try reloading the ruleset:

# npfctl reload

Before doing this, you could check on what rules it was using by
doing:

# npfctl show

You may find that the npf startup script has been run before the
pppoe(4) negociation had finished. This can mean that your $ext_if
rule variable just contains 0.0.0.0 so the rules won't work.