Re: ThinkPad T42 w/-current, no mouse in X

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018, John D. Baker wrote:

> Recently, I've only been using text console or SSH on my ThinkPad T42
> when using -current (via netboot).
>
> I finally got around to starting X on it and was surprised when the mouse
> didn't work.  No motion either through the trackpoint nub or the trackpad
> and no evidence any buttons work.  The keyboard works fine once you get
> a window active (Alt-Tab in fvwm).
>
> It used to work in -current some time back.  Mouse works fine in X under
> netbsd-7 and -8.0_RC2.

This also does not work on my T61p. I think somebody else reported that a
while ago, not sure if there is a PR for it.

I have a workaround though, I use a Bluetooth mouse and it has never been
a problem except when the batteries run out and I haven't got spares ready

iain