Re: Recent spew into SRCDIR from build.sh

    Date:        Sun, 6 May 2018 17:34:30 -0400
    From:        christos%zoulas.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

  | Perhaps it is faster to have make(1) do it automatically, but that's too weird and
  | fragile.

Agreed, I'd never suggest that - rather whatever magic is currently there
which is finding some suitable place to put the generated files should be
undone - there should be one place where they should go (depending
upon the options/vars that control this) and if that is unavailable, the build
should simply fail, rather than finding some alternative location and
sticking them there.

kre