Re: Running out of buffers?

    Date:        Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:34:22 +0200
    From:        Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>

  | Sure, but we also have a history of at least providing a "best effort"
  | to notify the source when the datagrams are discarded locally.

Sure, notify the sender (I expect that has always happened) - but
what is happening here is that the receiver is (also) being notified
with essentially useless info.

Roy uses it to inform him that data was lost, so (as I understand it)
he just goes and collects all the info again from the primary sources,
rather than just updating based on the info in the message.  That's
fine - but the vast majority of datagram receiving applications can't
do that, or anything like it.

kre