Re: netbsd-8 'mountd' regression?

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, Martin Husemann wrote:

> I have only ever seen mountd hang like that when doing DNS resolution
> and the name server was not available.
>
> Do you export some NFS dirs only to special machines and use names
> instead of IP addresses?

It is as you say.  That would explain things.  At present, my primary
name server is one of the diskless clients.  Thus it would not be able
to answer queries until the file server was up again.  And although the
file server acts as backup name server, it would want to synchronize with
the primary name server first.

I don't recall having the primary nameserver NFS-rooted a week or so
ago when I first encountered this, but it's entirely possible.

Too tricky for my own good.

Thanks for the pointer.