Re: netbsd-8 'mountd' regression?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018, John D. Baker wrote:

> Recently, I updated and found that upon rebooting, 'mountd' would hang,
> pausing the startup sequence (notably that I couldn't connect with SSH
> after a resonable time).
>
> When I visited the console, I could hit Control-C and the rest of the
> startup sequence proceeded.  Running "/etc/rc.d/mountd" thereafter
> worked.  It also did not hang upon subsequent reboot.

I'm running another machine also exporting file systems and it doesn't
have a problem.

The file server, however, had been rebooted out from under two
diskless clients.  I don't recall if that was the case in the previous
instance.  I've done that before with no problem, although this was
the first time under netbsd-8.

One would think it would do it every time, but why it worked fine on a
subsequent reboot is puzzling.