Re: llvm self-tests looping(?),Re: llvm self-tests looping(?)

On 05.04.2018 00:55, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Hm, I am suspecting that nobody has actually tested whether
> backtrace() really works on NetBSD/powerpc...  I'll write a
> simple test of that in C tomorrow.

Yes, this looks more like dysfunctional backtrace(3).

We have got an ATF test for this:

  tests/lib/libexecinfo/t_backtrace.c

If it will work, it's worth to add a scenario that fails for ppc.

I don't see an ATF machine for powerpc, there shall be one available.

http://releng.netbsd.org/test-results.html

> On the other hand, the backtrace gdb was able to provide
> decidedly looks incomplete -- the program's main function is not
> opendir() (!), and maybe this has something to do with it?

This is a bug, it's really a signal trapmpoline. This needs to be fixed
in GDB.. it's on my TODO list.

> It doesn't look like the SupportTests program is multi-threaded,
> although it is linked with -lpthread:

It's common in the LLVM environment to link with everything that could
be useful.. like libm, librt, libpthread, libdl [for !NetBSD] etc.