Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient: part II (fxp0)

On 08/03/2018 14:50, John D. Baker wrote:
I see this behavior with all fxp(4) interfaces under 'dhcpcd'.  The
carrier status from the interface bounces and causes 'dhcpcd' to
repeatedly configure/unconfigure the interface.

The workaround I use is to add:

   interface fxp0
     nolink

to my "/etc/dhcpcd.conf" file or pass "-K" option on command line.

This should be alleviated somewhat in -current and -8 with the new address handling. The link will still flap, but dhcpcd will now persist the lease and give time for the lease to be renewed before expiring it and going into discovery once more.

Roy