Re: dmesg | grep -c "not configured" = 240...

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 03:17:48PM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> So I've just got a Lenovo ThinkSystem SR630 and:
> # dmesg | grep -c "not configured"
>    240
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/~sborrill/sr630.dmesg.txt
>
> Main issues are missing Ethernet (Intel X722) and RAID controller:
> vendor 8086 product 37d2 (ethernet network, revision 0x09) at pci7 dev 0 function 0 not configured
> vendor 8086 product 37d2 (ethernet network, revision 0x09) at pci7 dev 0 function 1 not configured
> vendor 8086 product 37d2 (ethernet network, revision 0x09) at pci7 dev 0 function 2 not configured
> vendor 8086 product 37d2 (ethernet network, revision 0x09) at pci7 dev 0 function 3 not configured
> vendor 1000 product 0016 (RAID mass storage, revision 0x01) at pci11 dev 0 function 0 not configured
>
> msaitoh@ - have you looked at the Intel X722 gigabit controllers?

For the second part:

> As for the RAID controller, we are missing support for all recent
> LSI/Symbios/Avago/Broadcom controllers meaning no support for lots of
> servers from Lenovo/HP, etc. OpenBSD's mfii supports most of these:
>
> https://www.precedence.co.uk/wiki/Support-KB-IBM/PCIIDs
>
> NetBSD has extended mfi to support a few variants, but OpenBSD has split the
> driver into mfi and mfii which makes porting more tricky.

I had a first stab, for which feedback would have been nice:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2015/07/08/msg027701.html

(Development might be easier now that several USB keyboard bugs have
been fixed since then.)

Cheers,

Patrick