Re: Lockups in a Ryzen 7 1800X ASUS Crosshair Hero VI system

kardel%netbsd.org@localhost (Frank Kardel) writes:

>Lockups - the Ryzen machine is difficault as mostof the time I cannot
>get into the debugger thus I cannot decide wether it is a hard
>(CPU/system) lockup or just a software bug.

>I have seen tstile related lockups on another 8.99.9 machine that ceases
>network operation at the point and processes pile up on tstiles when
>accessing the network. So at least one locking issue seems to be there.

That could be independent of the CPU... after all, there are lots of
changes in the network stack.

I'm running continous bulk builds on that machine for a week now, no
lockups or crashes.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost