Re: Xen 4.8 on -current

Hi,

I went through my configuration with a fine comb, comparing it with a multitude of setups one can easily find on the net - and with the fine manuals, of course. I could not find anything apparently wrong. For the sake of the test I added another DOMU, this time 64 bit, with the same results - the DOMUs communicate fine with the DOM0 and between themselves, but they see only arp traffic from the rest of the wireless network (and the rest of the network also can see their arp requests).

Today it came to me that it might be a peculiarity of the wireless router ( a Virgin SuperHub 3 ) or with the driver wireless interface - iwn - so I switched to wired interface (wm), connected to the same SuperHub 3. The guest networking through the bridge now works as expected, but I am none the wiser as to where the problem is with the wireless interface (I'd rather keep it wireless, don't like CAT5 cables across the room...).

One weird peculiarity of the iwn interface on this laptop is that - while it is kept running all the time and (almost) never loses network connection, the other hosts lose connection to it after they are restarted or came from sleep, the only way of restoring the connection from them to the NetBSD machine is to do a ping from the NetBSD machine to the others... Go figure.

The (almost) above refers to the occasional firmware error this interface gives, perhaps once a week, which is resolved by downing and upping it.

So the question (finally) is: should we expect bridging to work when using a wireless device (especially a iwn driver).

Chavdar Ivanov