Re: heads-up: sh changes (perhaps fragility)

from Robert Elz:

    Date:        Sun, 4 Jun 2017 15:52:41 -0700
    From:        bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost>

  |  I filed bin/52272 for this.

> Thanks for the reports - an off-by-one ... (I don't use ~ expansions
> much, so hadn't noticed this).   It will be fixed as soon as my test-build
> finishes.

> However I have another report (private mail) of a different problem which
> might be more serious, so you should all use care with -current's sh at the
> minute.

> Somewhat a pity that netbsd-8 was branched at exactly the wrong time...

> kre

I didn't know about the netbsd-8 branch until your message, and then I saw, a few messages down,
NetBSD source update / daily CVS update output.

Now I don't know which branch to stay with, lean toward staying with current, but may wait until I hear better news about sh.

I can update FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE in the meantime while I wait for FreeBSD-current bugs associated with 64-bit inodes to be fixed.

I was taken by surprise at the time of netbsd-7 branch when I thought I was building NetBSD 6.99.46 or whatever, and I was updating to 7.99.1.

Tom