disabling mediaopts for if_wm(4)

Well, I got a little bit of a problem...

My new fiber-to-the-home router only has one RJ45 port available, so I had to get a switch to connect all of the hard-wired network devices. It all seems to work, except for one problem...

In the uplink direction, I can only push about 3.5Mb/sec, compared to the expected 50Mb/sec in the download direction. And, if I directly connect to the router's RJ45 port I can also get 50Mb/sec upload speed.

So, the upload problem happens only with the switch.

Simply running 'ifconfig up' results in the following media settings:

media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex,flowcontrol,rxpause,txpause)

I've been trying to force the interface to disable flowcontrol and {rx,tx}pause, but I can't seem to make it happen. As long as the interface runs "autoselect" these options are set from (as I understand) auto-negotiation.

So, what is the magic incantation to set the interface to 100TX FDX, but with flow/pause disabled?

Thanks in advance!

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |