Re: rng padlock changes causes NetBSD to crash

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:25:36AM +0200, Andrius V wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently decided to test changes in this commit
> https://mail-archive.com/source-changes%netbsd.org@localhost/msg64898.html.
> Unfortunately NetBSD (i386) crashes on boot in all systems I have
> tried with which includes VIA VT-310DP (two C5P based Eden-N 1GHz
> CPUs), EPIA-M900 (Nano X2 1.6GHz), Jetway JNF76 (Nano U2300) in the
> same fashion. I have a question if these changes have been ever tested
> on real hardware and does it work for any of you? Should I make a new
> bug report for this?

Despite repeated requests, nobody ever came forward with real hardware
to test on, except a few people who turned out to have very old chips
that lacked the RNG.

It'd be nice to have the output of DDB "trace" and "regs", but maybe I
can find the issue by code inspection -- if you crashed _at_ the
XSTORERNG instruction odds are I flipped two of the arguments to the
asm statement or something.

What happens if you boot an amd64 kernel on the Nano machines?

Thor