Re: i386 GENERIC_PAE panics (i915drmkms related?)

On 20/01/2017 18:18, John D. Baker wrote:

The intent of booting i386 release on this amd64 machine is to build
packages for i386 faster than even my fastest real i386 can.  It's faster,
has more CPUs and with the extra RAM and PAE, I can put WRKOBJDIR in
/tmp on tmpfs for everything except "misc/libreoffice".

If that's your primary goal have you considered using pkg_comp. That builds packages in chroot environments and on amd64 can build packages for i386. From one 7.0 amd64 machine I build packages for 6.x/i386, and 7.0/amd64. I did also do 7.0/i386 as well until I switched that machine to 64bit. That might be a better alternative that trying to bludgeon a PAE kernel into life.

Mike