Re: rump LOCKDEBUG panic

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017, Patrick Welche wrote:

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 05:32:36PM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
Yeah, it seems that the rump initialization code is calling routine
drvctl_init() in order to determine the c-major for the /dev/drvctl node.
The right thing to do here is to temporarily attach the cdevsw structure,
retrieve the c-major, and then detach the cdevsw.  Later, normal module
initialization code will handle the full-blown attach of the drvctl device
module.

Interestingly, it seems that this code is broken in other ways, too!  In
particular, even though it retrieves the c-major for /dev/drvctl, it never
actually creates the device node!  So I have to wonder if you can even use
drvctl within rump at this time!

Anyway, try the attached patch.  It should avoid the duplicate attempts at
calling drvctl_init(), and it should also enable /dev/drvctl within the rump
environment.  Let me know if it helps.

Indeed - no more panics! (I also added a #include <rump-sys/vfs.h> )

Great!  I will go ahead and fix it.  Thanks for confirming.C

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |