Re: evbarm builds failing

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
I've only seen INSTALL stuff being super-duper minimal thus far. the LOONGSON INSTALL kernel doesn't even have 'dmesg'.

Hmm. Speaking of which, I need to get a hold of one of those AA-battery-using Loongson laptops like Stallman uses before the US inuguration. Maybe someone will come film my collection of AA battery powered recharable gadget collection on "Extreme Preppers".

RPI has another much nicer option for installing, which is dd'ing rpi.img to an SD card. comes with everything, all the sets, etc.

Speaking of this, I'd like to thank the folks who authored this wiki page which goes into detail on the topic, including where to get the gzimg for the SD card, how to expand the file system, etc..

https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/

I've formed some low expectations of TNF's wiki over the years. Stock just went up after seeing that page. There are multiple authors (which means more than 3 people now have access) and there are lots of comments and updates. It looks positively healthy!

-Swift