Re: xorg.conf is read but not acted on correctly

I have to use an xorg.conf file on my AMD64 system to get my monitor working.  It works for my under 7.0.1.  What I’ve discovered though is the BusID probing for where things are attached seems to be different between different versions of X, and not having it set correctly will cause my parameters to be ignored.  Same with where the monitor attaches - VGA0, VGA1, DVI, etc.

Looking thru what you posted it looks like you have a BusID mismatch.  In your xorg file you have it set to PCI:0:2:0, but where it is probed it shows up as PCI:0:0:2:0 (unless I’m reading it wrong).  That might be a problem.

-bob