Re: xorg.conf is read but not acted on correctly

    Date:        Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:53:46 +0000
    From:        Dave Tyson <dtyson%anduin.org.uk@localhost>

  | I was slightly surprised that having the file xorg.conf present doesn't
  | override any of the built-ins.

For fonts, what you need is ...

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option  "UseDefaultFontPath"    "False"
EndSection

  | So that the keyboard map stays at "us"

I suspect this one is because

  |         Option      "XkbdLayout" "uk"

the actual option name is XkbLayout (no 'd').   I have ...

        Option  "XkbLayout"  "us,th"

(along with another oprion to set the switch method) and it works fine.

  | and the type1 and freetype modules are ignored.

Not sure why that would be.

kre