Re: vndcompress unexpected pass!

   Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:02:16 +0100
   From: Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost>

   Just tried a:

   # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/vndcompress
   # make check
   cmp oneblock.cl2 oneblock.cl2x
   unexpected pass!
   *** Error code 1

   What is that trying to test?

   # diff /usr/bin/vndcompress obj.amd64/vndcompress
   #

Oops.  I added that test, while rewriting vndcompress a couple years
ago, to confirm that my new vndcompress omitted the spurious
end-of-file zero padding that the old vndcompress added.  But it no
longer makes sense when, as you noted, the base system's vndcompress
*is* the new vndcompress.

So probably all the XFAILs in that makefile should go away, as,
perhaps, should the .cl2x and .outx suffixes.  If I were doing it
today I might do it a little differently, making compatibility with
the old spurious padding a run-time option so that these automatic
tests could easily exercise it, but nobody cares at this point!