Re: ffs_newvnode: inode has non zero blocks

Jaromír Doleček wrote:
> There was recenly change a change in FFS in the general area for
> WAPBL. Can you try attached patch and check if following KASSERT()
> triggers?

I'm afraid I don't have an easy way to test it.  The TNF testbed does
not have an easy way of testing patches, I can't do automated installs of
sparc under qemu>0 because of https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1399943,
qemu0 is no longer in pkgsrc, and my physical SPARCs are in storage.

If your patch is safe to commit, the easiest way to get it tested would
probably be to commit it and let the testbed do its thing.

Also, I have now narrowed down the appearance of the problem on the
testbed to the following commit:

  2016.10.30.15.01.46 christos src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_alloc.c 1.154

The mystery remains because the commit message says there should be no
functional change, and I also did a quick review of the diff and did
not spot anything that could be a cause of the panic.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost