Re: Building on OS X - how?

On Aug 11, 2016, at 8:32 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 04:29:54PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>>
>> 2) /usr/bin/cc:
>>   Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_iconv"
>>   in external/gpl3/gcc/usr.bin/backend
>
> This bug has appeared within the past few days and breaks my builds
> on OS X 10.9.5 as well.  I'm not having much luck tracking it down.
>
> Thor

That sounds like it may be related to a problem I ran into when cross-building
from FreeBSD (11 beta something). With a package for libiconv installed, the compile
must have found the header in /usr/local/include, but the link step did not use the
right library.  I worked around this by building in a jail with no packages installed.

- Michael